Friday, March 21, 2008

handmade gifts

When Asher was born, my crafty internet friend Marissa (who I also went to middle and high school with!) made him a pair of Saartje's Bootees, which were way too big when he was newborn. I put them on his shelf in his room, along with stuffed animals and books and baby cowboy boots.

Suddenly, I remembered they were there, and I thought, I should see if those fit him now! And so they do.
That button has a cute little chick etched in it.

He likes to kick them off, however.


Today we also received a nice surprise from our friend Karina, who lives with her beautiful family out in WA state. She had this cute diaper/wipes case made especially for Asher:



I love the sock monkey fabric and the personalized label :)


Thank you to all of our friends for the lovely gifts, whether handmade or store-bought, it's the thought that counts and it's usually something useful!

1 comment:

Mariss said...

Hee hee! Glad they fit, and he can kick them off anytime :)