Saturday, March 15, 2008

4 years of love

Yesterday was Brent's and my four year wedding anniversary. I got a new outfit for the occasion, and I think it was the first time I put on make-up in close to a year!


I let Brent plan dinner at a nice restaurant in the North End, Boston's "little Italy" area. We went to Prezza and it was lovely. We shared 2 appetizers: crab cakes and crispy shrimp. Let me tell you these were the biggest shrimp I've ever seen in my life!! Had to be at least 8" long, and they had little legs or something by the tail that creeped Brent out. For dinner, Brent had the swordfish and I had the gnocchi bolognese (it was SUPER yum!). I couldn't finish it, so I have leftovers, yay! Then for dessert, I had delicious coconut profiteroles with chocolate sauce, they were soooo good. Brent had blood orange sorbet, of which I also had a few spoonfuls. Oh, and I had a glass of white zinfandel, which was the first glass of alcohol I've had since... I guess since before I was pregnant!! It was sweet and didn't affect me at all.



Asher stayed home while our friend Denise babysat. Having friends who are happy just to hang out with Asher is very cool and saves us lots of money on childcare. Of course, I did compensate Denise with homemade lasagna to take with her. We got a good report on Asher, as usual. He was being pretty cute before we went out, as you can see here.


1 comment:

Mariss said...

Aww. Happy anniversary to you guys! You both look so happy and lovey dovey :)

Of course, next to Asher, nothing is cute! LOL.