Friday, June 27, 2008

good eater

My Asher is a good eater. He doesn't usually refuse food, and the latest development is that he seems to voluntarily open his mouth for more. I am trying to build the variety of foods in his diet, and now that he's 8 months, we can add dairy and meats. Last night I gave him yogurt for the first time and he was OK with that. I mixed plain with some fruit. Maybe next time I will try the vanilla yogurt. Soon to try will be egg yolks. I'm not sure about chicken or beef yet, I would have to puree it and that just seems gross. Hopefully Asher will get more teeth soon! Meanwhile, we tried a teething biscuit, WHAT A MESS!!

biscuit5

I realized I never wrote about Jenn's wedding. It was a lot of fun and Asher looked super cute.

BrentAsherNic1

Now that I am using Flickr, when you click on the pics here and get to my flickr page, you can then look through my photostream to see lots more pictures. There is a "set" for Asher pics.

3 comments:

Elita said...

Haha, the teething biscuit looks like doo doo! I have never given one of those to the little one. We are thinking of giving meat next, too, because baby needs the iron!

Nic said...

I'm not too worried about iron because he usually has iron-fortified cereal once or twice a day (mixed with fruit or vege). His 9 month pedi visit will check his levels.

Carrie said...

Don't dark greens like spinach contain a lot of iron? That would be easy to puree. My mom loves to tell a story about when I was a baby, sitting in my high chair, and she left the room to grab the phone or the door. I took my spinach, poured it on my head, and was rubbing it in like it was shampoo.